Monday, July 27, 2009

Jackson's Folly

We were having a bit of an ant problem a couple weeks ago involving Loki's dog food. We couldn't leave his food out for more than a minute before those little critters would come out of the woodwork and start invading his food. So, Jared came up with an easy solution of putting his dog bowl on top of a shoebox. Easy and it worked! Jared fed the dog in the morning and no ants!!

Now I know this is a bit of an explanation on dog food and ants but trust me, it's for good reason. I was so excited about no ants in the morning that I totally forgot to tell Jackson what we had done. He's the one he normally feeds the dog and I simply told him that morning that his Dad had taken care of it already. So come nighttime, out he goes and I hear him say: "Mom, there's a box out here next to Loki's water bowl. Where do I put his food?" And me, in my infinite wisdom reply to merely put it on top of the box.

Well, boy did I have a surprise when I went out to let the dog in later that night. This is what I found:
I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop. I guess I needed to me a little more specific. Poor dog, he didn't eat dinner until I actually put his food in his bowl!

5 comments:

Tina said...

What a great story! And such an obedient child! Reminds me of the first day of any communications course: talking a blindfolded person through the steps of making a PBJ sandwich. Oh, the things we take for granted.

Candace Thomas said...

LOL...I love Jackson. He is such a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

That is a typical understanding for a 6 year old. He did put the food on the box. Cute. Jared need to build Lokie a tray for the dish to fit into to keep it off the ground.

Cynthia said...

That is hilarious... And so cute. Your kids are so entertaining! I love them. We would love to hang out! I'll email you.

Brooke said...

that is so cute! you have to be so literal with the kids, huh?