Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Alexis turns 2

On the sixth of March our little Lexie turned 2!! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. She is a hoot to be around and is constantly making us laugh. She is truly the comedian of the family. She has finally become a lot more verbal and is beginning to clearly express her likes and dislikes.

Here are a few:
LOVES dogs. As a matter of fact her favorite movie is 101 Dalmations and she will adamantly ask for "mine dog show" every day!
LOVES Dora. Her birthday was Dora themed and I thought she was going to have excitement overload every time she opened another Dora gift:)
LOVES waffles. This is the breakfast of choice every morning.
LOVES to be outside. She runs for the shoes and jacket ever time we even mention going out.
LOVES her bear and blankie. She has had these two at her side since the beginning. Our nickname for her is Linus from Peanuts sometimes because she is dragging the bear and blankie everywhere.
LOVES her sister and brother. She will copy anyting they do (particularly all the dance routines Mikaela makes up) and thinks she's just as big as they are.
LOVES to have her hair done! This is a first. Mikaela always just dealt with me doing her hair, but Lexie will sit and patiently wait until I'm all done.

DISLIKES oatmeal. I think having this stuff for almost a year and a half of her life did it in for her.
DISLIKES being dirty. Will constantly be asking to have her hands cleaned if she gets anyting on them.
DISLIKES being told no (what two year old does)!
DISLIKES being confined. Car seat, high chair, grocery carts...pretty much anything with a buckle she hates!

Since her birthday landed so nicely on a Saturday we had a little get together with two of her friends. Here are the pics:
Looking all grown up in her birthday outfit:) Mikaela is wiping Lexie's tears because all Lexie wanted were the toys and I wouldn't let her take them off the cake until after we sang to her. I'm such a mean mom!!

Why she blew out the candle with one finger in her mouth I have no idea!?!?

Opening presents.











We learned the term "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" really holds true for a 2 year old's party! These are Lexie's two buddies, and yes this is the best pic of all them being in one spot at the same time!
She became happy again when Dad said he'd open up her Dora backpack!
Happy Birthday Lexie, we love you!

4 comments:

Chela said...

Happy Birthday Lexie!! She is too cute.

Candace Thomas said...

Oh I love Lexie! Thanks again for letting us celebrate with you guys:)

Stephanie said...

I pulled up your blog and Ethan had to come look at the pictures and kept saying "pretty Lexi" over and over again with his smile :) We sure love our Lexi!

Lanae said...

such a cutie...give her a big hug from the strange az lady she doesn't know!