Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mikaela

This week the post is an ode to Mikaela. For being the tiniest "almost 3 year old" (as she likes to refer to herself) I know, she more than makes up for her pint size with spunk, personality, and mischief. The picture below is the most common side that people see of her. Sweet, loving, and kind. However, only a rare few see the other side of her, the side our family has grown to love even though we are often shaking our heads in disbelief as to what she's done. Read on and have a laugh:)THE LOCK INCIDENT:
Thanks to Mikaela, Thursday night was quite an eventful night for Jared and Jackson. They were both outside grilling up some dinner when I decided to leave and go for my run. Mikaela to this point had been inside the house with me just hanging out. As I finished getting ready I convinced her to go out to the backyard and help Jared with dinner (mainly because I didn't dare leave her inside the house by herself even though Jared was just out in the backyard). So I got her ready and as I was leaving sent her out. I didn't watch her completely get outside, which I learned later that night was my biggest mistake, and Jared's greatest agony!! Apparently our dear sweet Mikaela never did make it outside. What she did next was unbelievable. Yes, she made it to our back door, except while there decided to LOCK THE DOOR!!! Jared heard the little noise and immediately went and realized Mikaela had locked both him and Jackson out of the house. He tried to no avail for the next ten minutes to get her to unlock the door; however, her little hands were unable to do so. Apparently, she's a wiz at locking, but not so great at unlocking! That's when Jared remembered that I had left for my run and with much hope went to the front door to see if I had left it unlocked. Thank goodness I had. Jackson and Jared were finally able to get back in the house. Mind you Jared was not happy with Mikaela at the moment, but by the time I had come home we all had a good laugh at what had happened. That night Mikaela had a new rule established for her "No touching any locks!!"

THE GYMNAST:
Mikaela is constantly climbing, swinging, and jumping on anyone and anything. Friday night was no different. Below are pictures of her balancing act with Jared. She kept standing on his hands while he was laying on the floor that he decided to see if she could successfully hold herself up...she was. With no fear she kept telling him to put her up higher and to keep doing it over and over. Not all missions were successful, but here are a couple pics of the ones that were.


DOG FOOD:

The weather has been so nice lately that the kids have been great about playing out in the backyard. Well, yesterday Mikaela decided she was not only going to play but she would help me out. Let me preface a bit...everday she see's either Jared or I feed Loki. His food is in the garage and she loves being with us as we fill his bowls with food and water. Well, yesterday she decided she was the one that would do all the work. I was inside the house when all of a sudden a breathless Jackson comes running in. The conversation went as follows:

Jackson: "Mom, Mikaela is feeding Loki"

Me: "Feeding Loki what"

J: "Food, you know, his food"

Me: "Are you sure Jackson, I don't think she can reach the dog food."

J: "Yeah she can and she's given him a lot of food"

At this point I became a bit worried. I went to the garage and yup, the dog food was open. I went out to the backyard and I found Mikaela right next to Loki's now completely overflowing bowl of dog food!! Mikaela's response when she saw me, "Look I gave Loki dinner!!" Yet another rule was established that afternoon, "No touching the dog food without Mommy or Daddy."

So there are a few of Mikaela's weekly adventures. We love her for the countless amount of times she keeps us on our toes. Our house would not be as lively without her:)

No comments: