And so Christmas Eve at the Dubreuil house started with a lot of prepartory work. We cleaned, brought out all the nice China (that's right I brought out my China, I've got to use it at least once a year!!) and called in our order for our dinner!! LOL!! All of you know I don't cook, so calling in our dinner was not unusual for our house, especially when our dinner was a traditional Salvadorian dish that I could NEVER make.
So the nice people at "El Nuevo Amanecer" made our dinner of Pupusas and Curtido for us and we were quite the happy campers. This is the dinner my mom always had for us on Christmas Eve and it is one tradition that I have loved passing down to my kids. My kids LOVE Pupusas and gobble them down like there is no tomorrow!
Here is the Curtido. Sorry the pic is blurry but this is a dish made up of cabbage, carrots, and onion. This goes on top of the Pupusa.
Here is the Pupusa. In El Salvador this is their equivalent to our Pizza. It is eaten all the time!
Here are the kids waiting to eat their yummy dinner!!
Even though Lex didn't have any Pupusas she still enjoyed being part at the dinner table.
Yum Yum, time to Grub!
We also have the tradition of opening up one present Christmas Eve. Here are Jax and Mickey anxiously awaiting to open up their presents.
Can you tell Jacks is not happy that I made him take one more picture before I let him open his gift! Ha Ha Ha!
Here's our smiley Lexie:)

Here she is getting into mischief with the tree!

3 comments:
I want pupusas! How delicious...you're making my mouth water! One of these days you should try to make pupusas...I'm sure you'd be good at it :) Glad you and the kiddies had a great Christmas Eve!
Sounds like it was a fun Christmas Eve! I love traditions! Those pupusas look yummy!
I love that you continue the tradition of that dinner! Looks like a very fun night!
Post a Comment